( 10/24/2007 04:27:00 PM ) Bill S.
KEEP ON DANCIN', LELAND! Have only just begun to catch up on the new teevee season (just got cable in our new home last week!) but I think I can make a few snap judgments:
I'm so glad I've got cable back . . .
- CW's Reaper wouldn't be half as much fun without Laura Palmer's daddy playing Old Scratch.
- Ditto the Man They Call Jayne on NBC's Chuck.
- I perpetually confuse the Kevin Murphy who played Tom Servo on MST3K with the Kevin Murphy who wrote Reefer Madness: the Musical and is currently listed in the credits of Reaper. Will one of you two Kevins please change your name?
- The new Bionic Woman really has me missing mattress salesgal Lindsay Wagner. (How'd two sharp scriptwriters like the Morgan Bros. get involved in this mess?)
- After getting one heavily whimsical dose of Pushing Daisies, I'm unsure whether the show'll be able to sustain its arch tone over an entire season. (It strikes me as one of those series better served by a shorter twelve or thirteen-ep run.) Still, I can't help but applaud the experiment.
- After winning our affections with their debut seasons, both Heroes and Ugly Betty have been struggling to get out of a sophomore slump. Betty's most recent ep – featuring a suitably snide Victor Garber as a creative writing teacher – is a step in the right direction, but Heroes is still in the doldrums. Somebody get Hiro and Ando back together – they need each other and we need 'em both!
- So Sarah Sidle's gonna pack it in after accepting Gil Grissom's proposal? Did anybody think it was gonna go any other way?